Ready to live in
Cangas de Onis
River and mountain views
500m2 (5,382 ft2)
Splendid colonial style villa built in 1932 by a famous architect renown for the vast number of colonial villas he designed. The original owners were Asturian who emigrated to Cuba and had businesses in the tobacco industry. They left Cuba after Castro came into power. The property still belongs to the same family.
The villa come with 3,000m2 of land, part of which limits with Sella River and only 300m from the well-known Roman Bridge in Cangas de Onis. It enjoys wonderful mountain, river and town views.
The villa has 500m2 over 4 floors. Ground floor: storage, boiler room, and utility room. Possibility to convert into living space. First floor: exterior marble staircase (there is another exterior staircase built of stone used by the domestic helpers), porch, hall, large kitchen/diner, dining room, living room, study and 2 toilets. Second floor: hall, 4 bedrooms with built in wardrobes, 2 bathrooms, large terrace and balcony. Tower: hall, 1 bedroom with built in wardrobes, large terrace and balcony, 1 bathroom and 2 storage rooms with possibility to convert into further living space.
The villa is well maintained and keeps all the original features. It has lots of character which would be difficult to replicate nowadays.
It is located at the edge of Cangas de Onis, just a few minutes’ walk to the centre of the market town, 6km from Arriondas, 9km from Picos de Europa National Park, 25km from the coast and Ribadesella, 75km from Oviedo, 110km from Asturias airport and 134 km from Santander airport.